Identity Theft laws in Alaska
Identity theft Law - Alaska Stat § 11.46.180
Hit the "next" button till you get to the 11.46 section
Data Breach Notification - HB - 65 / Alaska Stat. § 45.48.010 et seq.
Alaska Expanded Identity Theft Laws - Click to download the attached file(s): Alaska.pdf
Provided by ID Safety in partnership with International Association of Chiefs of Police and Bank of America
Security Freeze in Alaska - HB - 65
- Eligibility: All consumers.
- Fees: No fees for identity theft victims with a copy of a complaint to law enforcement. All others pay a $5 fee to place the freeze and $2 for a temporary lift.
Effective date of law: July 1, 2009
- Permanent freeze remains until removal requested by consumer.
- Instructions for using Alaska's security freeze law -www.consumersunion.org/pdf/security/securityAK.pdf
- Place the freeze over the phone
- Equifax - 800-685-1111
- Experian - 888-397-3742
- TransUnion - 800-680-7289
Contacts in Alaska
- Attorney General: Craig Richards
P.O. Box 110300, Diamond Courthouse
Juneau, AK 99811-0300
Phone Number: (907) 465-3600
- Department of Corrections
- Department of Social Services
Credit Reporting Agencies (CRAs) - Please refer to ITRC Solution 2: Credit Reporting Agencies Contact Information
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): IdentityTheft.gov
Identity Theft Complaint Input Form
The FTC also provides helpful information regarding limiting unwanted calls and emails; computer security; kid’s online safety; protecting your identity; and repairing identity theft. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity
- Annual Free Credit Report
Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
- CareConnectUSA - Family helplines for financial assistance and related issues
- National Conference of State Legislatures